Saturday, August 30, 2008

#359 Shipyard - IPA

There is a light hop aroma with floral notes. The color is light brown with some red highlights and pretty clear. The head pours thick with large bubbles, and hold a good retention.

This beer has a good balance of malt and hops. There is a clear malt flavor with some grain notes with some tannins and hints of caramel. The hops have a piny flavor, and a mild bitterness. The mouthfeel is full with some carbonation. This beer finishes with a little bitter with a hint of grain.

This is an easy drinking basic IPA. No over the top hop flavor, and a good balance of malt.

1 comment:

Mike, Brie and The Three said...

I have been to this brewery. I try to visit the breweries in every stare I go to. Portland is a great city with great beer.
I will be a regular visitor to your blog. Try some Erdinger Dunkel. Check my spelling, a few glasses of wine have clouded my mind!